Friday, February 8, 2008

#13 (Week 6) – Discovering Del-icio-us

My Del-icio-us account is up and running and I think as time goes on it will become a great tool for me to manage my online favorites both at work and home. Unfortunately, the tutorial was not working but as I explored the many links it became evident what a useful tool this will be. I have added the SJLibraryLearning2 RSS feed to my bloglines. In a very short amount of time I have incorporated Web 2.0 tools into my online life and these tools have impacted the way I use the Internet.

What I have come to realize is the Internet and the Web 2.0 tools that are developing can take a great deal of the hours in a day and I personally will work hard to not let the computer consume my daily life.

2 comments:

LibraryStrong said...

I also have found that just since I started the class, I have found different and better ways to use the Internet. I think that the RSS feeds have actually cut down on my online time in that I don't have to check my favorite sites daily. I find myself thinking quite a bit about how I can incorporate these tools into the library.

Linda said...

I agree--some of the tools can be real time-savers (after you get past the work of deciding which ones work for you). Besides, granddaughters are a much better thing to consume your day with! : )
love you Nana!