Thursday, January 17, 2008

#7 (Week 3) – Technology and the world of Blogging

I am not a writer and could never see myself writing a blog that would be of interest to others. Frankly, I have wondered how people find the time to write and post their thoughts.

My first introduction to reading a blog on a regular basis began 17 months ago with the birth of my first grandchild. We are lucky to have Rosie living near us, but many family members live in California, Pennsylvania, and Washington, DC. What has been amazing is this blog and all the photos that have been included has allowed everyone to be able to experience the joy of seeing her grow-up. Her uncle in California has mentioned many times how this has been a wonderful way to be a part of the everyday experiences that are have brought her from infant to toddler. Recently, a video was posted of Rosie squishing her peas – laughing and having a wonderful time. Everyone has been able to share the fun moments in her life.

This has opened my mind to the benefits of blogging and how an interest can keep you reading and looking for more posts. It also has made me aware of the security issues and how it is important to not include personal information that one does not want the online world to know.

I don’t see myself starting a personal blog any time soon – but you can be sure I will keep checking on my favorite blog. All her local relatives are enjoying it as much as those living far away!

2 comments:

Linda said...

So glad you are enjoying it!! I have fun making it. You are doing a fantastic job on your blog--I like the idea of a Rosie-photo-puzzle!

LibraryStrong said...

My 20 month-old granddaughter, first grandchild, also propelled me into using webcams & smugmug (like flickr). She lives in North Carolina and our family is spread all over the U.S. so we have loved following her weekly progress through photos, videos, and live via webcam. Although I sometimes complain about too much technology these days, when it comes to keeping in touch with the family, I love it. So, I have to admit, I'm a fan.