Tuesday, January 29, 2008

#11 (Week 5) – Explore Web 2.0 award winning applications and Ning

I visited the short list of award winners and you could spend hours exploring all the sites shown. I have purchased on Craigslist and my daughter has found housing twice in the DC area from this site so it doesn’t surprise me to see it take first place for Classified and Directories. Looking at #2 and #3 was interesting.

I didn’t find Oodle particularly useful but vflyer could be helpful to anyone who is trying to create a classified ad. In an educational setting this Web 2.0 application may be useful in a marketing class that designs Ads.

Lulu is a great site for anyone who wants to self-publish. We have many student writers and artists who might find this a great way to showcase their work and I can definitely see student interest in this site.

I am now a member of the Ning Teacher-Librarian Network. I’m not sure just how much I will use this resource – as I continue on with the 23 Things it is apparent that there just isn’t enough time in the day to be competent with all these wonderful tools. The computer already takes up a great deal of time in my life and balancing what is useful and worth spending some of that time on is going to be a challenge. But, I will add the RSS feed to my Bloglines and that might just be the answer to how I use the Teacher-Librarian Network. Wow, in just a few weeks I am managing some to these Web 2.0 Tools.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy,

I'm the Director of Product Management at Oodle. I'd like to talk to you about your experience on Oodle, and get feedback about our site. We are always looking for ways to improve Oodle. Can you email me and set up some time to talk?

laurie@corp.oodle.com

--Laurie